Organized in 1876 and rented a house on 6th Street, SE, for a home for unwed mothers. Incorporated as Bethany Home in 1879 and in 1885 moved to a building erected by T. B. Walker on 17th Street. Later moved to 3719 Bryant Ave. South. Bethany Home was renamed Harriet Walker Hospital.
Second Church of Christian Science, Minneapolis, held regular mission services in Bethany Home beginning in 1900.
Source: Excerpt from Abby G. Mendenhall, "Bethany Home," on The Quaker Writings website, http://www.qhpress.org/quakerpages/qwhp/bethany.html