Jump to main navigation. Jump to main content

Browse Research Items

Foss Methodist Episcopal Church, Minneapolis

Foss Methodist Episcopal Church formed through a merger of several small Methodist missions, including one known as the “old German Society,” first worshipped in a small white frame church erected in 1873 on the corner of 7th Avenue and 3rd Street north. It later was moved to 12th and Lyndale Avenue North and became Douglas Chapel. In 1907 a red brick church was erected further north at 18th and Fremont Avenue North. The congregation, consisting of people representing a variety of ethnic groups including German, only used English for its services.


Pages