This congregation was formed on January 15, 1902, when some 400 members of Trinity Lutheran Church withdrew in support of minister M. Falk Gjertsen, who had been accused of unchristian behavior. The congregation, with Gjertsen at its head, initially met in a hall at 26th Avenue and East Franklin in the Philips neighborhood. They built a church at 25th Avenue and East Franklin in 1903. This church was destroyed by fire in 1917, at which time the congregation met temporarily in Riverside Chapel, located at 20th Avenue South and Riverside. The congregation rebuilt and dedicated their new church in 1918. The congregation and church remain extant in 2015.
WPA Report. Lyla Hallgrain, April 21, 1936.