Jump to main navigation. Jump to main content

Error message

  • Notice: Undefined index: item_refs in field_get_display() (line 660 of /web/shelob.cla.umn.edu/drupal-7.59/modules/field/field.module).
  • Notice: Undefined index: item_refs in field_get_display() (line 660 of /web/shelob.cla.umn.edu/drupal-7.59/modules/field/field.module).

Andrew Presbyterian Church, Minneapolis

Established, August 23, 1857, as First Presbyterian Church of St. Anthony, at 729 4th St. SE.

Name changed in 1861 to Andrew Presbyterian, in honor of Mrs. Catherine Andrew and her daughters (New York City), who provided funds for a "western church."

Church erected in 1890, by Minneapolis architect, Charles Sedgwick, who patterned it after St. Giles in Scotland.

Part of the building collapsed in 2002 and shortly after the building was razed. 

Category: 

Neighborhood: 

Sources: